Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I had a baby.

So. We had a baby 2 weeks ago. She is perfection in every way. I am going to try (*try*) to update our family blog so that we can share a little of what's going on with us!

Here's the birth story if you're interested, or just skip down to the pictures!

Emerson Anne Morris was born August 15, 2011 at 2:07pm. She weighed 6lb 13oz, was 20 inches long, and has two giant dimples. I was scheduled to be induced on the 18th, a Thursday, and on Monday was having pretty painful contractions. I was determined to have the baby a little earlier, so I went to the hospital. Although my contractions were fairly intense and frequent, they weren't very regular. Luckily, they decided to keep me, and broke my water right before noon.

They asked me right away if I wanted an epidural, and not knowing what lay ahead and thinking I had hours of labor to go, I said I'd like to wait and see if I could handle it on my own. Well, apparently the water breaking was all my body needed to kick into high gear because my contractions started to get REALLY intense. I was breathing through them, but couldn't talk (or be talked to) when I was having one. I started to really worry that if they were that painful that early, I was in for a world of hurt and it would quickly be too late for the epidural. So I changed course and asked for the epidural around 1 o'clock.

Well, of course, all of the anesthesiologists were busy and couldn't come right away, and by now my contractions were KILLING me and right on top of each other. I just knew that I had waited too long and it was going to be too late by the time one got there. I was begging, literally crying begging, for anything, ANYTHING, to help the pain. The anesthesiologist got there and thought he was funny making jokes while I was dying, and at that point, NOTHING WAS FUNNY. Ugh. I may have called him a swearword.

Even after the epidural was in, it didn't kick in right away, which upset me even more. I thought it was instantaneous, and it's so not. I think I was an 8 when they got it in and it was less than 30 minutes from getting it in and Emerson being here, and if I had to guess only 10 or 15 of those 30 minutes was the stupid thing working. And I was so not graceful with the pain. I was screaming and acting a fool. I was so embarrassed after. But honestly, I've never even conceived of pain like that. It all happened so fast, it was really hard to process. I was dumbfounded when they handed her to me.

But of course it was more than worth it in the end. She is perfect, and I haven't had any complications or much pain at all after the delivery. So far she's been a way easy baby. She eats and sleeps and poos, and even in the night she just wakes up to eat and then goes back to sleep. We couldn't be happier, or more blessed. Seriously, every time I have a baby, I just want 10 more babies!





































5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:59 PM

    Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so darling! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so darling especially in her carter pink layette sleeper!! So happy for you and Jared and the kids. She's beautiful and I love the dimples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:12 PM

    So you've already got Pears & Noodle, what's this one gonna be? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her name & pictures. She is beautiful!
    Glad the labor & horrible pain went by fast, but wow I'm so sorry you had to go through that!
    Congratulations! I can't wait to meet Emerson.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!

Looking for something?

Loading...