Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Holy Matrimony

So this post is mainly so I can remember this conversation to tease my kids with later, but maybe you'll get a kick out of it, too.

Tonight the kids and I were out Boo-ing (leaving anonymous Halloween treats for friends), and in the car, we were chatting.  Well, somehow the conversation turned to the fact that Addison wants to marry Pearson's friend Jake.  This is something she mentions often, but keeps secret outside of our family.  I asked her if she'd told him, and she scoffed, "No, Mom!  I can't tell him that until I'm old enough!  I'll tell him when I'm a grown up."  I asked her how she planned to tell him.  She said she would put it in a note so she didn't have to tell him to his face.  Pearson pragmatically agreed with this approach, saying, "Yeah that would be embarrassing!"


So I asked what she'd put in the note.  She said, "I'll just say, Dear Jakey.  May you... Could you get married to me?  Love, Addison"  Pearson was concerned his mom may laugh at it.


Pearson sat silent for a minute or two and then said, "I know who I wanna marry.  I wanna marry Aleece.  She goes to our church and I know her.  And she's pretty.  And she's always ALWAYS good in Primary.  I'm mostly good but I've been bad in Primary, too."   (Good to know they both have their lives planned out...)

I asked. "What if Aleece thinks 'Oh, I only want a boy who is good in Primary like I am!'"  He again pondered silently.  "I'll be good in Primary now," came the earnest reply.  Ha!  I'm shocked that this is a motivator at this early age, but hey.  I'll take it!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this story! I love this! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a few things...
    1. I'm SOO behind on your blog!
    2. How darling is it that Pearson is keeping the "secret" and not telling Jake!
    3. Can you move next door so our kids can be best friends?

    LOVED this darling story!
    --Melanie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!

Looking for something?

Loading...